1. Document Authentication From Ethiopia
Prior to applying at the Embassy of Ethiopia for authentication of documents originating in Ethiopia, the documents have to be authenticated first by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ethiopia.
* Copy of valid Ethiopian passport for Ethiopian nationals.
* Copy of Ethiopian origin ID Card for foreign nationals of Ethiopian origin.
* Service fee of $59 for Ethiopians and holder of Ethiopian Origin ID Card in Certified bank check made payable to Embassy of Ethiopia.
* Service fee of $59for foreign nationals Certified bank check made payable to Embassy of Ethiopia.
* A self addressed return envelope which has a tracking number with it. (for those using mail service);
* A completed application form filled out in ink Click here to download. (The form can be filled out online. The form should be printed and with necessary documents should be sent to the embassy or presented in person at the embassy with the proper payment in the form of a money order.)
If all the necessary requirements are fulfilled, the service will be provided on the next business day.
Legalization and Authentication Requirements:
Legalization and Authentication are one of the services provided to the Ethiopian citizens living foreign land; particularly in U.A.E. All documents such as Adoption, Trademarks, Non-Governmental Organizations, Foundations, or individual power of representation, property rights, court decisions, wedding or divorce certificates, etc. that have to be used in Ethiopia should be authenticated by the Embassy of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia in U.A.E. If all the necessary requirements are fulfilled the service could be provided on the same business day.